Della Terra: PNW Catering with Purpose & Passion | New Farm to Table Catering Company, with emphasis on benefiting the local community and environment.
“Della Terra” translates to “from the earth”, and the company will stay true to the Italian philosophy of using the best of what is available from the earth.
- Our mission is to provide truly farm-to-table, restaurant quality food and service in a banquet setting. Inspired by the cuisine of the regions of Italy, we will use the finest local, peak-season ingredients. Tremendous amount of thought has gone into the sourcing of each ingredient, to benefit the local community, economy, and environment. We will be serving the greater Seattle and Pacific Northwest area. It is our aim to help as many people as possible to provide their families and organizations with real food and unforgettable experiences.
- We fill a major need in the market for a truly local and seasonal caterer. Consumers in the Seattle area are extremely conscious of where the food came from that they are putting in their bodies, as well as the impact its production has on the environment and economy. Additionally, with the influx of technology and other businesses in the region, there is a sizable amount of disposable income in the area. We believe the Seattle area is an excellent landing spot for a true, chef-driven, farm-to-table catering operation.
- Cody Castiglia is the chef and owner of Della Terra Catering. He is educated in culinary arts and hotel and restaurant management, but he was practically born in the kitchen, as he is a third generation cook and entrepreneur. He started in the kitchen learning Italian classics from his grandmother, Loretta. Originally from Western New York, his career has led him to some of the top hotels and restaurants in Dallas, Park City, New York, and now Seattle. He now teaches farm to table cooking classes for the public at four different venues in the Seattle area. His cooking philosophy is simply using the finest, local, in-season ingredients and treating them respectfully.
What We Need and What You’ll Get
The money raised will help with start-up costs such as purchasing equipment and initial marketing efforts to get the word out. The start-up funding will allow us to purchase ingredient and equipment in larger quantities, keeping our cost down and allowing us to better support local producers. The prizes you will receive for your donation are hand-picked, unique goods and services.
Our Vision and Values
- We refuse to serve anything that would wouldn’t serve to our own families. Countless hours have been spent researching local farms and producers, to procure the finest, freshest, peak-season, quality ingredients, at the best value to our guests. We use only organic and GMO-free ingredients, which are locally sourced as much as possible.
- Our staff has gained tremendous culinary knowledge in some of the most elite restaurants and hotels in the country, in every facet, from banquets for thousands of people, to intimate, seven course wine dinners. We are eager to share the knowledge gained and apply it to your events.
- People Over Profit: It is our endeavor to truly get to know you and your family or business. We are eager to learn and help with the vision for your event. This will enable us to serve you best and exceed your expectations.
- Slow Food Movement: We are inspired by the “Slow Food Movement”, which started in Torino, Italy. The meaning of Slow Food is that it encourages taking time to prepare meals from scratch and share them with family and friends. It was started as an alternative to fast food and, as such, strives to preserve traditional and regional cuisine, advocating for the farming of plants, seeds, and livestock characteristic of local ecosystems. We believe that dining together can comfort people and bring community.
- A few of the local non-profits and community initiatives that we are proud to be supporting.
- Farestart: A real solution to homelessness, poverty, and hunger through culinary job training, tools, and support.
- Overlake Christian Church Safe Parking Ministry: Provides a safe space and community meals for homeless individuals.
- Fair Trade Coffee Programs that fight Human Trafficking
- Apprenticeship Programs with Local Culinary Schools: We believe in mentoring the next generation of culinarians.
- Della Terra is not only “from the earth”, but we strive to be “for the earth” as well. Our dedication to sourcing locally means that not only are the ingredients as fresh as possible, but they also have less impact on the environment than sourcing from elsewhere. We are dedicated to using Non-GMO and organic ingredient Additionally, all containers and utensils provided by Della Terra are recyclable or compostable. We strive for zero waste.
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that not all people can donate much, but we appreciate anything you can donate. Simply sharing this page with your friends and family over social media or e-mail would be incredibly helpful.