f-Stop Urban Farm | f-Stop Urban Farm uses all organic practices, we’re local, seasonal, sustainable.
f-Stop Urban Farm is transforming food culture in Austin!
- f-stop Urban Farm is family owned and operated in East Austin by the Farnau Family: Ryan, Hillary, Lydia & Wyatt.
- Our goal is to change the way our community approaches green, residential space, food production and consumption. We started small by transforming our home property into a market garden. Instead of grass, our front yard grows tomatoes and basil. The shared strip of land between our house and the neighbor’s is a micro orchard of peach and plum trees. The backyard is a cornucopia of seasonal produce: lettuces, okra, eggplant, peppers, carrots, beets, blackberries, to name a few.
- You’d be amazed by how much you can grow on less that 1/3 of an acre! Our tiny urban farm produces enough to sustain our family, 3 farmers markets and several local (nationally acclaimed!) restaurants.
- In August we were given the opportunity to lease a half acre portion of land at Eden East farm an iconic, long standing farm in East Austin formerly know as Springdale farm. This 4.5 acre piece of land was lovingly maintained by Glenn and Paula Foore for over 2 decades. f-stop Urban farm is honored to continue the tradition of urban farming in East Austin while pushing the forefront of converting urban green space into a model of sustainable, organic farming as well as a place of community gathering.
We’re asking for your support.
- Your contribution will go directly to the labor, lease and supply costs associated with cultivating the land to grow delicious, organic produce to bring to market.
- All are welcome to visit us at the farm! Get your hands dirty – help us plant, harvest, or just pick up some tips to transplant to your home garden.
Imagine your front yard was a garden.
- Our front yard was just the beginning! Our expansion a plot at Eden East is another step in the journey to transforming urban green spaces into working, productive farms.
- From our 1/3 acre home lot we’re able to grow enough to sustain 3 weekly farmer’s markets and select local restaurants. But we sell out every week. The new plot will increase our production by two-fold, allowing us to spread the home grown goodness to even more people.
Mother Nature Runs the Farm.
- Any work in small scale agriculture can be high risk. From weather to pests, there’s no telling what each season will bring to affect production.
- With years of experience and an understanding of the tools and technology available to mitigate much of what Mother Nature can throw at us, we’ll build these small gardens to handle sun, heat, cold, drought, and pests. All of it accomplished with sustainable, organic practices.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you’re not able to make a financial contribution, you can still help f-stop Urban Farm!
- Spread the word on social media or use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Volunteer at the farm. We’ll trade time for produce and/or educational opportunities.