GreNel Chips: Improve health & energy | Sweet potato chips production; empower women, generate income, combat vitamin A deficiency.
Our vision is to become the leading snack production company in Cameroon and to favorably compete with other leading brands in Africa.
Our mission is to build a sweet potato chip production company which will provide delicious, crunchy, gluten and cholesterol free, mineral rich snack which digest seamlessly to the Cameroonian population.
• Sweet potato is greatly unexploited in Cameroon
• Vitamin A deficiency in children is a major health problem in Cameroon
• Most existing snacks are difficult to digest and filled with chemical additives
• Processing sweet potato into chips will give added value to this readily available indigenous crop as well as empower women who are the principal growers.
• Sweet potato is an excellent source of pro-vitamin A which is an essential antioxidant as well as nutrient required for the growth and well-being of children. Therefore providing snacks rich in pro-vitamin A will greatly reduce this deficiency.
• Sweet potato chips digests seamlessly and no chemical additives will be used
-Healthier alternative to competitors; it has pro-vitamin A and it is gluten and cholesterol free
-Continuous availability of raw materials
-Great potential market
-Price is affordable to all income groups
-There is no sweet potato chips production company present in the country
-There is a growing demand for snacks in the country
-There is room for international expansion
-We are a new brand
-Medium scale of production
-Competition from established companies in the snack industry
Target market and opportunity
One thing about sweet potato chips is that you can hardly find someone who doesn’t patronize them. Our target will include people of all ages from children to teens to adults to seniors as GreNel chips are loaded with health benefits. However the primary target includes children, teenagers and youngsters, 70% of children eat snacks at school as well as when watching sports, TV shows and movies.
We will sell wholesale to supermarkets, grocery stores and school canteens nationwide.
Our Pricing Strategy
We will consider prices of substitute snacks present in the market and then use it to set a premium price
We are aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the Cameroon.
Here are the payment options that GreNel Chips will make available to her clients;
• Payment with cash
• Payment via mobile money transfer
• Payment via bank transfer
The following are alternative snacks sold in Cameroon;
– NT Foods (Biscuits)
– New Foods (Biscuits)
– Minimie chin-chin
– locally made plantain chips
– locally made doughnuts
SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
In other to become a leader in the snack industry, GreNel Chips will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
• Introduce our chips production company by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to supermarkets, grocery stores, and schools across Cameroon.
• Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness on our product.
• Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We are going to explore varying means to promote GreNel Chips. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise GreNel Chips;
• Place adverts on community based newspapers, radio stations and TV stations.
• Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers.
• Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other platforms to promote our business.
• Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas.
• Contact supermarkets, grocery stores, and schools by calling them up and informing them of GreNel Chips.
• Create a GreNel Chips official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
• Ensure that all our staff members and management staff wears our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
We will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we envisage. We will hire people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers). As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of ten years or more. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
• Chief Executive Officer
• Production Manager
• Human Resources Manager
• Marketing Manager
• Accountants / Cashiers
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer (CEO):
• Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
• Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
• Responsible for providing direction for the business
• Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
• Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
• Evaluates the success of the organization
• Reports to the board
• Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
• Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
• Carrying out staff induction for new team members
• Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
• Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
• Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
• Responsible for managing the daily activities in the plant
• Ensure that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to meet the required health and safety standard
• Interfaces with third party providers (vendors)
• Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
• Attends to Customers complains and enquiries
• Prepares budget and reports for the organization
• Handle any other duty as assigned by the CEO
• Responsible for producing potato chips
• Responsible for operating the sealing machine used in sealing packaged chips
• Responsible for carrying out all casual or unskilled jobs
• Handles any other duty as assigned by the production manager
• Manage external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
• Model demographic information and analyse the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
• Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
• Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
• Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
• Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding increase sales
• Document all customer contact and information
• Represent the company in strategic meetings
• Help increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier:
• Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
• Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyses financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
• Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
• Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
• Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
• Responsible for administering payrolls
• Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
• Handles all financial transactions for the organization
• Serves as internal auditor for the organization