Mira Mira Coffee | Savannah’s newest craft beer and coffee bar featuring BBQ!
Mira Mira Coffee
We are a neighborhood cafe in the heart of Savannah’s growing art district, Starland. We are sisters who originally grew up in Washington State with an early and deep love of coffee, community, and music. Jessica is the artist with SCAD roots and is passionate about cultivating art and music in the city she convinced Amy to relocate to, not only to be close to family, but to experience the unique beauty and curiosity of our port city.
After being here for almost a decade, we joined forces in the pursuit of adapting a space at the corner of 34th and Habersham St into a thriving neighborhood space.
Our goal is to expand on our coffee equipment, put the finishing touches on art and a mural, expand our hours, and expand what we can offer our neighborhood. This campaign will give us the ability to hire passionate people and provide a committed space for art, music, and creators. We are committed to working with local vendors and partnering with local companies, like Cup to Cup as a coffee roaster. We currently work with a local BBQ operation to offer a delicious lunch and dinner options with neighborhood friendly prices. We hope to expand into breakfast and brunch through this campaign.
- The funding goal is $15,000 for an espresso machine, inventory, and expansion into 7 days a week of operations
- The perks we are offering include locally printed apparel and coffee, we’re working on sourcing diner mugs and coffee to-go cups to add later, as well as gift cards valued more than the original perk
- All of the artwork and designs are done by SCAD students and local artists
- All of the printing is from a local screen printing shop
- The mural will empower a local artist
- When we reach our goal, we will be able to offer the neighborhood a place to study and work remotely, as well as a meeting place, a presentation place, and opportunity for artists to showcase their art and music
Risks & Challenges
With rebranding a space and brining in a new team and new direction, we have laid the foundation and consistency to grow, but need your help to get there. We have our launch team in place and have been operating for 3 months under our structure and brand. Our small team is committed to core values that include quality, compassion, and fostering a place for creativity.
- To complete our space, we need to bring in more coffee options and expand into earlier hours
- We have local roasters who are excited for our expansion and are already committed to starting to do new coffee cuppings and events with us
- If we don’t reach our complete goal, we will start with bringing in more robust coffee equipment and an espresso machine
- The ability to offer a professional and bright space for students and remote workers to come to daily is our primary goal, we already have strong wi-fi and a lot of long window, bar and low seating with built-in USB and outlets every couple feet.
- We’re ready for you!
Other Ways You Can Help
If you love what we’re doing, but cannot afford to contribute, you can still help by:
- Sharing our campaign through your social media and telling your friends about what we’re doing
- Indiegogo has sharing tools to make it even easier for you to help us get the word out!