New Home for Grey Matter Distillery | Contributions provided will go towards the build out of Grey Matter Distillery’s new Jax HQ.
Founded in 2014, Grey Matter Distillery is Jacksonville’s First Craft Distillery and a cornerstone of Jacksonville’s craft spirt marketplace. We started Carve Craft Vodka with the goal of producing a high quality spirit here in Jacksonville, our home and community. When we opened our doors we were not able to have tastings or real direct customer interaction. In addition, our starting budget was much less than other distilleries. By operating on a slim budget and doing everything ourselves, we were able to get a space that fit our needs and get our product on the shelf. We did this in a small, 1800 Sq-ft warehouse in Arlington. Our goal has always been to move to a retail friendly area, grow our product line, and be a part of the local community. Our new Headquarters will provide a customer facing, community driven experience fully capable of tours, tastings, and other special events which provide value to the surrounding areas.
What We Need & What You Get
We need funding to facilitate our move and do a killer build-out/Experience for our loyal customers:
- Moving a distillery is quite the undertaking. We already have the equipment and materials needed, but logistics and overall expense of a new facility buildout are steep. We will need new electricians, plumbers, architects to name a few, which will help us get from point A to point B.
- With your support, we will finally achieve the distillery experience our supportive Jacksonville community deserves. We are extremely excited for the opportunity to better serve the community we love.
- The initial funds will go towards producing and barreling Single Barrel Live Oak Whiskey. The rest will go towards the build-out of Grey Matter Distillery 2.0.
The new location will give us the ability to expand and offer new products that we did not have the ability to do before:
- Making great products locally has always been our goal. This new location will give us the ability to do more and bring more local success to the Jacksonville Community
- With our small footprint we have been able to grow our brand already. We have worked with dozens of local charities and this venue will give us the ability and do more to support them and our community.
Risks & Challenges
Let’s be real…This will be difficult, and likely our biggest challenge to date. We are ready. This has been 6 years in the making, and it is time to deliver the experience you deserve.
- We run our business with a low overhead and do things fiscally responsible. With help from our friends and community, we will have a fully operational and customer friendly distillery by 2021.
- The first time around it took a while to get the city on board to support us. This time is different. We have already been in talks with the city and they are excited to ge this project to fruition.
Other Ways You Can Help
We know these are tough times and not everyone can help, but there are still ways to contribute:
- Help us spread the word on social media, share our campaign and tell your friends about what we are trying to do.
- Indiegogo will let you share this!