Simon’s quest to bring vegan ice cream to Ireland! | Help me get to Sweet Ritual’s “Cool School” so delicious vegan ice cream becomes a reality here.
What you need to know about my vision and my dream and how it will benefit you in the very, very near future!
Ireland has come on leaps and bounds in recent times in terms of its vegan and dairy-free offerings, you just have to look to the likes of Sova Food, Veginity, Happy Food and even The Happy Pear (where I once served my time as a chef!), however, one thing that is sorely missing from this landscape is a great place to get a scoop of bloody brilliant dairy free, vegan ice cream. That’s all about to change, and that’s where you come in.
Sweet Ritual is a famous vegan ice cream parlour in good ol’ Austin, Texas, where everything is made in-house and the range of flavours and toppings and sundaes and milkshakes would make your head spin! They run an intensive, immersive and interactive 5-day bootcamp for budding dairy-free entrepreneurs called Cool School where attendees learn all there is to know about running a dairy-free ice cream business…no stone is left unturned!
As you can see from the link to Cool School, the course fee is rather hefty ($2250, or €2000 in real money), especially for a post-recessionary millennial type such as myself, however it will be invaluable in my effort (but also valuable (see goal above 😉 ) to bring delicious, and readily available vegan ice cream to Ireland. Because let’s face it, we all deserve it!
What the money is for:
As there are no research grants available here in Ireland from the Local Enterprise Offices for trips abroad like this, I decided to turn to crowdfunding as a way to get people involved and spread the word! Your contributions will directly help me to get to Austin and take part in Cool School as part .
- €2000 of the contributions will go straight to the course fee fund.
- €600 will go towards a return flight from Dublin to Austin.
- €50 will go towards pesky fees and charges.
After returning from the course, work will begin in earnest with my local authority in finding a location to start producing and purchasing equipment. I have set a tentative date of Spring 2018 for everything to be up and running and to begin making good on the free ice cream that you’ll be waiting for!
In return for parting with your hard-earned wonga, and if the funding goal is reached, you will be eligible for UNREAL perks, such as:
- FREE ice cream!
- Inventing and naming your very own flavour of ice cream!
- Recipe e-books so you can make ice cream at home and never leave the house ever again!
- Masterclasses with me where you’ll get to hear me speak (cool!) and learn never seen before secret tips and tricks about how to make the best ice cream you’ve ever tasted that just happens to be 100% completely vegan!
- You’ll also get first access to daily vlogs from the trip, whatever amount you contribute, which will let you see what’s going on in Sweet Ritual and Austin!
Thank you so, so much for anything that you can pledge towards this. As you can see, there are some pretty cool perks up for grabs, and absolutely everyone who donates will receive an official invitation to the official launch party of Two Hens Ice Cream, which will take place in the Spring of 2018.
Other Ways YOU Can Help
Some people can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help: